276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shetland: The Complete Series 1 & 2 [DVD]

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Well, being in Shetland during a summer heatwave wearing layers of cashmere will certainly stay with me forever that’s for sure! Beyond that, the beaches and the sea were incredible but one of the things that delighted meon adailybasiswere the sheep – who knew there are so many different types? When the police discover that Rosemary's boyfriend, Liam Kenmuir, has links to Peter and his hospital pass was also used the night Ellen's body was stolen, Tosh and Calder think they've got their killer. However, it doesn't take long for them to work out that he is covering for Rosemary and she is Peter's pen friend and the mysterious sheep-killer. But did she kill Ellen? As you view disk to disk you get to know and understand the characters and their feelings come through.

Matters are made worse when armed hitmen - the experienced Howell (Don Gilét) and volatile Nowak (Arnas Fedaravičius) - arrive on the Isles on a mission to silence Ellen. There will be a different dynamic with Ruth amongst the regular characters and a few more newinteresting characters to enjoy. However, the integrity of the show and the world that has been created will remain very much in the same tone as the last seven seasons. It's a real privilege to be asked to lead this show into a new chapter. I can’t wait to be working in Scotland again. I have missed it!” The camera work is good. Personally I do not like to many close up shots of the actors. In real life I find I like to be a few feet away, which I find is more realistic. I enjoy the presentation as it is realistic. There is none of the American "Hoop La" but down to earth presentation. I enjoy seeing the country side and the closeness interaction of the characters. The acting is excellent with the meaning coming through.

She is a wonderful mix of an absolute hoot and a consummate professional. There were days when I laughed so hard my stomach hurt and I was in danger of crying all my make-up off. But we never, ever lost focus or took our eyes off the ball. Figuring out our chemistry together was an outright pleasure and I'm really proud of what we created together.

Ruth is used to getting things right and this is a complex case which is layered and doesn’t quite go the way she expects it to. There are so many different paths that she ends up going down. How do Ruth and Tosh get on when they first meet and how do you see their relationship progressing? Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. The world of Shetland police HQ is as we knew it - warm, reassuring and familiar. But change is coming and with it, fresh challenges for the team.We have both grown older, we are both mothers, we both have a huge amount of experience under our belts. It's nice to be able to chart that journey for myself both on and off camera but this series, to be standing in front of the board, taking charge of the team...I felt like I had grown wings.

I also think Calder is a littleenviousof Tosh – sheappears to have it all, a family lifeanda career.This new series is so fresh. The heart of the show remains - the team that we know and love - but everything is shaken up by the arrival of Calder and the crime that comes along with her. Calder brings out a different side in all of us, she draws us out of our cosy comfort zones and challenges us to dig deeper. Ashley Jensen is phenomenal in the role.

Tosh is very comfortable in the role so she has definitely been doing it for some time and has really found her rhythm. She has an easy rapport with Sandy [Steven Robertson] and Billy [Lewis Howden] and the team seems to be functioning well and not dealing with anything too grizzly. She also has a great connection with Harry [Tibu Fortes], the new procurator fiscal, who really champions her. The crew were all wild swimming after work and I went along to Meal Beach one night and had a dip with them. I was an absolute wimp about it and took about 20 minutes to get in beyond waist height but it was so lovely. Some young people had a fire going on the beach and the water was so clear. That was really special. The entire cast was amazing but I have a special place in my heart for the inimitable Don Gilét [who plays hitman Howell]. The first couple of weeks were quite disorientating for me as I found my feet in this new world ofShetland. The first day I remember really loosening up I was chasing him [Don] down a beach. I was in pain with laughing. He's such a one-off, insanely funny and makes every day you're working with him memorable and special. Sometimes, the more serious the job, the more you laugh. Life’s too short not to have a laugh. To me, that’s part of the joy of what we do.Scotland and Shetland is a very special place and these films portray that well. The brogue is a little confronting sometimes. sometimes

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment