276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nitecore TINI 2 (Tini2) Keyring Torch 500 Lumens USB C Rechargeable Torch with OLED Display

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It is powered by a built-in 280 mAh lithium-ion rechargeable battery which is recharged via the USB-C charging port located on the side of the torch. Remove the dust cover and plug in a USB-C cable (not included) at one end and plug the other end into a USB port or a compatible USB adaptor. The indicator will blink slowly and the screen will display battery status while charging is in progress and once charging is complete after approximately 1 hour, 45 minutes the indicator will be solid and the screen will display a full battery icon. A battery protection circuit is incorporated that provides over-discharge, over-charge and anti short circuiting protection. There are two buttons below OLED display. The bottom on turns the light on and off, while the top button lets you cycle between 1, 15, 65, and 200 lumens. Disclaimer: Light was provided for by Nitecore (manufacturer) for this review. No other compensation was provided. Both the newer Nitecore TIP SE 700 lumen and newer TIP2 720 lumen are brighter. Both are EXCELLENT alternatives. Nitecore Tini2 Battery Life

Nitecore TINI2 | Expert Review by Koen van der Jagt Nitecore TINI2 | Expert Review by Koen van der Jagt

The advanced temperature regulation module allows the TINI 2 to regulate its output and adapt to the ambient environment to maintain optimal performance. It's been awhile since my review of the Nitecore TINI SS, the mini flashlight that is with me on all of my travels and by the side of my bed each night. As you can imagine, the chance for travel is significantly lesser these past few months, so, in some ways, the Nitecore TINI 2 came at a bad time. Switching ON and OFF is done by the electronic switches on the side of the flashlight. There is momentary activation (MOMENTARY TURBO) using the MODE switch. Normal Operation The keen-eyed among you may have already noticed that we said “basic” brightness levels. That’s because there is another level of brightness beyond 200 lumens called TURBO (yes, NITECORE has it in all caps), and to activate it, you simply long-press the mode button.

Contents

The test was carried out with the fully charged Nitecore TINI2 with an ambient temperature of about 21° C and without forced ventilation. Nitecore TINI2 features the ATR (Advanced Temperature Regulation) module, which adjusts its output power by adapting to the surrounding environment, maintaining optimal performance. Good durability in HIGH and TURBO of the TINI2 which reflect the values declared by the manufacturer. Admittedly, the TINI 2’s many functions and modes take some memorizing. The button combos can be a bit of a head-scratcher, so it may be worth keeping the instruction manual around, saving the PDF, or maybe bookmarking their online video (which is quite entertaining in and of itself). For this light, the spill, corona and hotspot is somewhat predictable due to the TIR optics. Surprisingly, the LED is not covered under the TIR (Total Internal Reflection) optics. With the LEDs used, the beam is suited for recognizing items in the up-close and near distance only.

Nitecore TINI2 Flashlight Review and Specifications

At 3.4V, the buttons will light up blue once every two seconds – I feel this is quite high, and 3.1 or 3V would be perfectly fine. A flash of the main emitters may have To switch between Demo and Daily mode, hold both buttons on the light and the display will show the mode changing, and flash (once for Daily to Demo, and twice for Demo to Daily).The 1 lumen setting is perfect enough for your to see around your area without anyone noticing a light coming from your bed. Most of all, it lasts practically forever. I would okay even with leaving it on overnight. Best of all, the TINI was designed in way that it can stand on its own. The Nitecore TINI 2 can stand on its own. Nitecore TINI2 has 5 brightness levels available with direct access to TURBO and ULTRALOW, it also has 2 user modes, DEMO Mode and DAILY Mode. The small form factor with 500 lumens burst (MOMENTARY TURBO) output, informative OLED display, and direct access to MOMENTARY TURBO and ULTRA-LOW are all plus points for this flashlight. The built-in battery might seem as a major disadvantage to some but it helps decreases the overall size of the flashlight, when compared with other 14500, 18350 or CR123A flashlights.

Nitecore TINI 2 (Tini2) Keyring Torch 500 Lumens USB C

The TINI2 is tiny for the output it is capable of delivering (500 lumens of MOMENTARY TURBO mode) and is a great size for keychain EDC, with the included keychain clasp.

This could be better

The Nitecore TINI2 comes from the Nitecore’s T series and is the second generation version of the original Nitecore TINI model. With the torch Off, by pressing the “ MODE” key, the display shows for a few seconds the level and user mode set and the current voltage with the battery drawing. They appear to be somewhere around 5700K to my eye, so while they’re a bit cool for my personal tastes, they’re not excessively blue or cold. I’ve run the TINI2 in High and Medium for runtimes, along with Turbo at great expense to my sanity – organising a button to hold in for a runtime with an elastic band and a bare XHP50.2 is not something I want to do again any time soon! Featuring a strong and durable stainless steel body, the TINI 2 SS is finished with a PVD titanium coating for a sleek, elegant look. The high performance materials are resistant to scratches, corrosion and general wear, plus low and high temperatures.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment