276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Step By Step: The perfect gift for the adventurer in your life

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He goes over his teenage delinquency and mental health issues. His mental health is really quite serious. After this while looking for a job he gets the advice to ‘Take things step by step’.

Simon] begins to fill in the gaps in his life story that until recently he has never publicly revealed.’ TelegraphMu esimene emotsioon (kestis peaaegu pool raamatut) oli tohutu pettumus. Ma olin asunud enda arvates lugema reisiraamatut, aga sattunud hoopis elulooraamatu otsa. Võin selles hooletuses võtta osa süüd küll endale, aga olgem ausad, tutvustus tagakaanel on ikka ka sutike eksitav. He was working as a freelance writer and author when an acquaintance who worked for the BBC suggested that Reeve audition for a role of documentary presenter,. He went to their head office for an interview....and thus began his television career.....which has been such a success. The book ends with marvellous descriptions of some of his early documentaries. Not only are the countries he visits fascinating, but he also has so much respect for the people he encounters - and I find that most inspiring.

makar globalno poznat i cijenjen prvenstveno kao bbc lice dokumentaraca, čini mi se da je mnogo vještiji kao autor. piše spretno i duhovito, pismo mu je prožeto iskrenošću i empatijom. nalazi pravi omjer između javnog i privatnog, politike se dotiče taman onoliko koliko treba da bi prosječan čitatelj dobio sveukupnu sliku (iako je politika njegova prva ljubav, još tamo iz redakcijskih dana i kada je, na svojevrstan način nakon prvog napada na blizance 1993. predvidio ono što će se dogoditi 2001.) i tekst ležerno klizi, bez obzira piše li o čudnovatim običajima neke zabiti, o tragediji siromaštva, o opasnosti terorizma ili o važnosti brige za prirodu. It is an account of his mind's journey to inner peace - and it is wonderfully life-affirming -- Max Pemberton * Daily Mail * Ning mulle meeldib ka Simoni meeldetuletus, et kui sul on võimalik reisida (eriti veel lennukiga ja kaugetesse eksootilistesse paikadesse), siis pea meeles, et see on tegelikult väga väheste privileeg. Ära võta seda enesestmõistetavana.Simon Reeve, a man whose very name is a guarantee of interesting television. Outstanding. * Observer * Fascinating... a very honest account of the world as he has seen it, from Acton to the ends of the Earth * Geographical *

In TV adventurer Simon Reeve's bestselling memoir he describes how he has journeyed across epic landscapes, dodged bullets on frontlines, walked through minefields and been detained for spying by the KGB. His travels have taken him across jungles, deserts, mountains and oceans, and to some of the most beautiful, dangerous and remote regions of the world.

Summary

I encountered Simon Reeve via his programmes on the BBC. In them he introduced me to some places I was aware of and a number that I was not. In both cases he always opened my eyes to aspects I was unaware of and often things that were unsettling. He did this openly and with good humour. He always seemed to respect and be concerned about the people who featured in the programmes. The idea of reading his biography was enormously appealing. I had been a teenage delinquent who left school without qualifications and went on the dole. I suffered from mental health issues and was a whisker from suicide.’ That was Simon Reeve, not me. I worked very hard when I was a teenager. Working at Safeway whilst doing my A levels and then getting a job immediately after. That was me and not Simon Reeve. I’ve always enjoyed Simon Reeve’s BBC documentaries, so as soon as I knew that this book was being published, I had to get copy, especially on audio as he reads it himself. I learned so much from this wonderful book. Simon Reeves takes us to some very challenging places both in his childhood, adolescence and in his career as a rookie documentary maker in ‘The Four Stans’ Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakstan and Kyrgyzstan. And on to ‘unrecognised’ countries in a series called ‘Places That Don’t’ Exist’, Somaliland, Transnistria and Artsakh; obscure, forgotten but dangerous, unstable but with a population deserving of attention

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment