276°
Posted 20 hours ago

More ABBA Gold: More ABBA Hits

£5.59£11.18Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The best way to measure long term importance of an album is clearly through amount of sales, making Gold number 2 and Queen greatest hits a clear Number One. Dwyane Wade sits down with pioneers in sports, fashion, music, and business for an intimate conversation about their origins, and the reasons they keep pushing to innovate.

Music critic Elisabeth Vincentelli ( New York Post; Time Out New York) credits the album for a revival of critical interest in ABBA's music after ten years of neglect following the band's 1982 break-up.Also included are several B-sides and album tracks, plus one previously unreleased track; "I Am the City", dating back to ABBA’s final recording sessions in 1982. Their greatest hits collection ABBA Gold is the second best-selling album of all time in the UK, just behind Queen's Greatest Hits.

In fact, I have several more (about 10 more that are not on Gold, More Gold or the 8 standard albums. The 1992 and 1999 editions released in Australia and New Zealand (and some other territories in that area) had a modified track listing (see below) to include three local hits, replacing three other songs on the international edition. This should really be listened to along with the first ABBA Gold collection, as the two complement each other and will run you much less than a box set will.In Austria, the album charted for 397 weeks, making it the all-time second longest stay on the chart.

While there are a couple songs on Gold that I only find OK songs like Dancing Queen and Knowing Me, Knowing You are the top of their game. Since 1992, it has been re-released several times, most notably in 1999 as the first remastered reissue to mark the group's 25th anniversary of winning the Eurovision Song Contest 1974, in 2008 to coincide with the release of the film Mamma Mia! My first copy of this album became defective so I replaced it, so this is a second listening within a couple of days.The original release notably contains the 7'‘ single version of “Eagle”, the 7’‘ promo version of “The Visitors” (previously only issued in the United States), and accidentally included an alternate mix of “Lovelight” which was previously unreleased. Vote up content that is on-topic, within the rules/guidelines, and will likely stay relevant long-term. Just Like That” would only be released as a small snippet on “ ABBA Undeleted”, the last track on the Thank You for the Music box set. Despite the disappointment with the 'new' song, I was extremely happy to finally have "Cassandra" and "Lovelight" on CD. These are all-time greats talking through memorable moments from their careers, telling intimate, behind-the-scenes anecdotes that we never saw in the press, journeys, struggles, triumphs, and that shared excitement as they push forward to their next challenge.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment