276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blue Diamond Screw Tent Pegs - 20 pack, Purple, One Size

£9.975£19.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We're about to dive into the world of awnings. We've decided on the Kampa air awning. A friend said we should get better pegs than those supplied with the awning. I've been looking and there seems to be screw in or large nail types. Do the screw in pegs need a cordless drill to use (I don't have a drill). We mostly pitch on hardstanding so will the nail type pegs be enough.

Awning Screw In Pegs | The Caravan Supermarket Awning Screw In Pegs | The Caravan Supermarket

Being a screw-in design, a hammer is replaced by a 12V drill, although a shifter, spanner, ratchet or a hand brace (like your caravan leg winder) can be used to insert and extract the pegs. No, we are men -the more power tools the better! I've often wondered if I could convert my framing gun to fire awning pegs .... The constabulary might not like it much though I have moved on to the big nail type, as long and as big as possible, big club hammer (4lb) and pull them out by gripping the top with a pair of Mole grips, straight pull and Robert is your Dads brother. I have a few bent ones but I have never been beaten by a hard standing yet. Even on soft ground if you use the longest you can find (seem to be green topped) you can usually get some decent grip.I've got some but as other have said they aren't all that easy to screw in - I usually bash them in halfway with a hammer and see if they'll screw in the rest of the way. If not they get bashed in all the way. They do come out quite seaily with the drill though. I bought some screw in pegs from Aldi, last year. Tried them once - absolutely useless. Even starting them with a lump hammer (defeating the object of them, IMO) they wouldn't go in. Just spun around and I agree that there is a danger of catching fingers / awning ladders as the top spins round. I hate putting the awning up on a hardstanding - which is why we invariably go to places where we can have a nice grass pitch! Ryobi, as you say are OK especially for occasional use by old gimmers like me but not good for heavy regular use. DeWalt are very good but expensive and I think much loved by joiners and plumbers. when I worked in power generation we favoured Makita which we found fine for mechanical work. The idea of screw in sounds fine, and on something soft, where the point can continue straight down, they're fine, but so often it just comes up against a stone and there isn't enough grip behind it (even with me leaning on the drill) to go any further, so it just spins. Supa-Peg’s NEW galvanized steel screw pegs are your ideal replacement for standard pegs where the ground is to hard. Measuring 220mm in length, they can penetrate deep into the ground for the ultimate ground holding capability. A handy 13mm hex head is located at the top so you can use a standard cordless drill for setup. Just loop the guy rope around plastic top to secure your tent.

Discussions | The Caravan Club

Screw In Pegs are a galvanised 200mm-long shaft that accepts an included 5mm hexagonal driver, and both standard drills and impact drivers for great drilling forces. While looking a little agricultural, the cleverly designed wires loop and hook remains on the peg shaft and can be used to attach a guy rope, or to hold a tarp down directly to the ground. A great design idea sees the hook pointing downwards so as not to promote toe-stubbing. Although the Screw In Peg performed faultlessly in harder soils, the performance in anything softer is not much different to a standard peg. The finer flutes on the shaft clogged with dirt, rendering it of little use for ground-holding ability. I have never understood the shape and usefulness of the plastic top on these (any) pegs and they are usually broken easily by a misplaced hammer blow (ouch!). I now put a penny washer under the top, it holds the ladder strip much better.

Are screw-in pegs better than traditional tent pegs? We go completely over the top to find out!

If the ground is hard, drill the Ground Dog screw in peg as far as possible, and then wind the wing collar down to the ground level to hold the peg securely

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment