276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kewpie Deep-Roasted Sesame Dressing, 150 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

By 2000, Kewpie had released their bottled "Deep Roasted Sesame Dressing" in supermarkets and its popularity soared. In fact, to this day it is the number one selling salad dressing in Japan and sold approximately 76 million bottles in 2022! ( Kewpie, 2022) Soy Sauce – Japanese soy sauce such as Kikkoman will work best here, as it’s less salty than other varieties. Otherwise, sub with regular soy sauce or tamari if you need. Neutral Oil (Secret 2-for-1 Ingredient): The neutral oil in this recipe is used to thin out the dressing to your liking. More importantly, though, heating the oil to pour on top of the aromatics releases the ingredients’ natural oils for a more flavorful dressing! I highly recommend using neutral oils (my fave is grape seed) so it doesn’t overpower the flavor of the other ingredients. Sesame oil - not only adds a deeper sesame flavor but also helps thin out the dressing so that it becomes easier to pour. Traditionally Japanese sesame dressing (Goma Dressing) is made with Japanese mayonnaise. To simply the method, I use Paleo and Whole30 Mayo. Both Primal Kitchen and Tessemae’s mayo are Whole30 compliant. Why toast and grind sesame seeds?

Use neutral oil. For salads you may think you want to use healthy oils like olive oil or coconut oil. Don't! Those have flavours that will mess with the awesomeness of this dressing. If health is a concern avocado oil is what you want to go with - healthy and neutral and it's what I use. Otherwise canola or another vegetable oil works too. Tahini – Hulled and natural tahini works well, you can also use unhulled or roasted tahini for an extra nutty finish. I f using mirin, look for one with no sugar or syrup. Even though it is optional, if you're going to buy mirin, know that most brands out there are loaded with sugar or corn syrup, but traditionally made mirin should be made by fermenting rice. I like Eden Brand, which is the only one I've seen at a "normal" grocery store that doesn't contain added sweeteners. For some reason, I thought that ground sesame would be easy to find – at least online. Apparently, not a lot of cuisines use ground sesame – only the Mediterranean and Middle-eastern cuisines use it in the form of tahini and in Japanese dishes.Key to Creaminess: To achieve a slightly sweet creaminess, I use Kewpie Japanese mayo. The main difference between Japanese and American mayo is that the former uses only yolks and is slightly sweeter. This produces an even richer creamy mayo! Actually DEEP toast your sesame seeds. Get them darker than you think you should to get that roasted smoky flavour. Get them even darker than what I showed in the video. Admittedly I was nervous to push them further because I didn't want to burn them on camera! Sesame seeds - known as "iri goma" in Japanese, white toasted sesame seeds are a must-have for this recipe! We will toast them again, but for the best flavor, buy them already toasted. Toast for a Deep Nuttiness: Even though you can buy toasted sesame seeds, it makes a world of difference if you toast them again before making the dressing. You’ll get much deeper flavors that are earthy, smoky, and nutty. DO NOT skip this step!

I am not a green salad person. I do not like green salad. But put this dressing on it and I'll eat an entire bowl anytime. In Japan, this sauce is often served over shredded lettuce or with cabbage. You can also use it as a replacement for mayonnaise when making coleslaw! What You’ll Need This recipe is a classic salad dressing that's super popular in Japan, and for good reason. You can put it on a piece of cardboard and it'll be delicious. In Japan, often times it's served simply on shredded cabbage. A pile of cabbage. Yep, that's how good it is. A Kewpie Copycat Recipe A simple Japanese sauce you can easily make at home, this sesame dressing is the creamy Asian sauce you’ve been looking for. Made from just 5 ingredients, it uses Kewpie mayonnaise as a base mixed with tahini, sesame oil, mirin and soy sauce.When the cabbage has tenderised, add salt and pepper to taste and stir fry for a further 2 - 3 minutes This is my attempt to recreate the popular Kewpie brand "Deep Roasted Sesame Dressing." My Japanese friend recommended it, and we got hooked after the first try, and I wanted to recreate it as it's not easy to find here in Vancouver. Making this recipe only requires 6 simple and accessible ingredients! To make Japanese sesame dressing, you will need: Mirin –Mirin is a sweet cooking wine, that balances the salty and earthy flavours. Sub with a teaspoon of sugar, or regular rice wine for a more savoury finish.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment