276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lucas Oil 10152 Assembley Lube-118ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s applied before any other lubricant to keep the parts smooth and lubricated until any other lubricant is used. As with assembly lubes, there are a variety of different break-in oils that can be used for the initial start up and break-in process. Break-in oils are usually specially formulated straight SAE 30 or SAE 40 oils but some are multi-viscosity oils (5W-30, 15W-40 & 10W-40). I’ll say NO! That’s because there are enough brands to confuse you while choosing the desired one. So, I’m pointing out some features which must be there in an ideal engine assembly lube: Adherence: Although it is intended to use as the coating inside the cylinder surface. But you can use it in other parts. Most of the professional mechanics use this for installing a hydraulic camshaft. Shelf life is another very important matter of a grease. You will get a longer shelf life with this lubricant. Most of the cheap lubricants become dry if you put on the shelf for a long period.

Opinions vary as to whether or not you should use a straight weight SAE 30 motor oil or a multi-viscosity oil breaking in a new engine. Prior to learning about greases, I used a mixture of SAE 30 grade motor oil and STP on my engine builds. I put that very stiff goo on everything from rod and main bearings to pushrod tips. The engines I built using this technique were often very hard to turn over fast enough to start in the days before gear-reduction starters. COMP Cams® has been the leading manufacturer of high-performance camshafts and engine parts for more than four decades (Competition Cams).

Top Brands

Therefore, how does one intelligently decide which assembly products to use? I’m going to ignore roller cams here, because rollers don’t have the EP requirements that flat tappet cams do. Rollers just need adequate, clean oil to allow their components to survive. Never use grease on rollers. If that roller skids across the cam lobe a few times without turning, it can flat spot and fail. The ultimate, of course, is grease. Grease is simply oil which is contained in a waxy, soap substrate. The substrate keeps the oil from running away until it is needed. When operating temperatures rise, the substrate melts, and the oil flows to the component to do its job. I am not saying that this is the best process for choosing a product. But this will reduce the possibility of wasting your valuable money. Now, as you’ve lubricated the oil chamber inside the engine and started off the engine, the oil in the engine will immediately come inside the hollow chamber. The assembly lube and motor oil that coat the engine’s internals should protect the metal surfaces against corrosion until it’s time to fire up the engine for the first time. At that point, you (or your customer) will have to decide on what type of break-in oil to use.

FYI, I am used to highly viscous lubricants. This is why it seemed a little runny in my hands. But don’t worry about that. I didn’t find it dripping off from the engine.A heavier viscosity oil is better for looser bearing clearances and will maintain higher oil pressure readings at peak temperature and engine speeds.

The flashpoint of the lubricant is almost 550 degrees Fahrenheit. This is very convenient for this type of high-temperature application. But you should be careful while disposing of this lubricant to the environment. Because more than 15 percent of the mixture is hazardous to aquatic lives.

Real MPG

However, a general rule of thumb is to use around 2 ounces of assembly lube per quart of engine oil. So, for a standard 4-quart oil capacity engine, you would use 8 ounces of assembly lube. Permatex provides reliability and problem-solving solutions that extend the life of your equipment, whether you require oils, additives, or dressings for special-mission, work applications or the rigors of heavy-duty requirements. Prevent Scuffing and Galling

This grease is nourished with additives that provide extreme performance. Hence it protects the engine from failing in the initial startup. The viscosity of this product is one of the best so far. I didn’t find any issues like running and dripping off from the parts. It can take good care of the valve trains and other small parts of the engine.Others say they use a conventional SAE 30 oil or a multi-viscosity oil (5W-30 or 15W-40) with a bottle of engine break-in additive which contains the extra extreme pressure additive to protect the cam and lifters).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment