276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Happy: Why More or Less Everything is Absolutely Fine

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Don't worry as this fixes nothing - work the problem and do everything you can today so that tomorrow will be better

Brown does not claim to possess any supernatural powers; conversely, his acts are often designed to expose the methods of those who do assert such claims, such as faith healers and mediums. He often begins live performances by stating that his results are achieved through "magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection, and showmanship". I v nejlepším případě zraňujeme, nakládáme naše fantazie na ramena ostatních, bez vysvětlení toho, co skutečně chceme. Tohle nemá nic společného s tímhle člověkem, ale stejně to na něj reflektujeme. (...) Co jsou opakující se vzorce mých vztahů? (...) Musíme růst spolu. Pokud se oprostíme od svých požadavků, můžeme nabídnout mnohem více. (...) Málokdo najde správného partnera, bez toho, aby si prošel bolestí ztráty prvního. (...) Být šťastný by nás zastavilo v rozkvětu." Witty, useful and beautifully written... this book grapples expansively with the most profound questions any of us face The Sunday Times Lee, Jenny (23 March 2022). "Illusionist Derren Brown set to play mind games with Irish audiences". The Irish News . Retrieved 7 April 2022.My only real complaint is that I feel that a lot of the book seemed to be written from a place of anger. He - rightly - exposes the scams of faith healing in America and the big-business, and also points out that our modern-day idea of happiness has come about from the PR firms trying to sell us the myth that a shiny new car...shoes...aftershave...etc. will make us happy but his blanket treatment of "new age" spirituality and religion as bunk is, I think, I little beneath someone of his obvious intellect. He has a chip on his shoulder about self-help books and self-help practitioners and those of a religious bent which is sad. Sure, there are plenty of scam artists out there but there are also plenty of genuine people doing their best to help others. Also, exercise more and more - swimming is great for breathing, cold water immersion and low impact - helps sleep and eating healthily Our Patron". The Parrot Zoo. Archived from the original on 27 November 2013 . Retrieved 3 December 2013. In an interview in New Scientist in 2005, when asked how he "acquired his psychological skills", Brown says that he learnt skills as a hypnotist, which he was not sure how to apply until he started performing close-up magic. When asked whether he is able to detect lies, Brown claimed to be able to read subtle cues such as micro-muscle movements that indicate to him if someone is lying. Concerning his apparent success at hypnotising people, he stated that he can normally spot a suggestible type of person and chooses that person to be his participant. He believes that the presence of a television camera also increases suggestibility. [41] In 2007, BBC News listed two of his shows ( Russian Roulette and Seance) in a list of examples of Channel 4's "legacy of controversy". [17] In 2013, he said, "Controversy has never interested me for its own sake. It's always been about doing stuff that feels dramatic." [18]

The Events". Derrenbrown.co.uk. 2 October 2009. Archived from the original on 6 October 2009 . Retrieved 1 March 2010. Alexander, Ella (24 November 2014). "Derren Brown on the disappointment of coming out: 'It's not that people react badly to it – they really don't care' ". The Independent . Retrieved 10 September 2023. Happy helped me to change my outlook. I went from unhelpful, negative thoughts to being OK and at peace.

Každý den nějakým způsobem zraňujeme ostatní." (...) Dnes potkám lidi, kteří mě zklamou. Ale já taky někoho zklamu. Ale když tohle přijmu, budu lepším pro Svět. (...) Jsme stvořeními ztráty. Traumata, víra, že je to vše naše vina, že jsme zatracení a osamělí, přichází snadno. To pak reflektujeme a přenášíme do vztahů. (...) Umíme milovat jen způsobem, který známe. (...) Žít plně a jít kupředu je důležitější, než být šťastný. (...) Zodpovědnost za pocity a za to, jak se rozhodnu, ne za věci okolo nás, které jsou mimo moji kontrolu." Our partner isn't right for us because no-one is. None of us is born for someone else. But perhaps those areas of frequent conflict are useful indicators of where we might ourselves be insufferable. What upsets people is not things themselves but their judgements about these things.’1 In other words, it is not events out there that cause our problems but rather our reactions to them: the stories we tell ourselves.”

Oh, my! I'm not exactly un-educated but I found the language very high-blown and academic. It was hard going at times but then, it would suddenly switch into story-telling. It fried me and I found much of the book hard to get though. It is VERY long and I would say that it could have been edited to half the length and still been detailed enough. I really don't know why he wanted to make it so incredibly detailed. Don't get me wrong, it's beautifully crafted, but I would say it belongs more on the reading list for a degree than your average Joe's weekend reading. The kind of self-image we may be best advised to seek, then, is not of ourselves as beautiful winners (as we are often told we should), but one wherein our strengths and weaknesses are realistically appraised with neither self-aggrandisement nor abnegation, and our share of inevitable failings looked upon with kindness and good humour.”

Learn how to think differently and overcome anxiety in a difficult world with the legendary star of stage and screen.

UK and Ireland tour based on the 'Secret' show [75] Included a run at the Playhouse Theatre, London. Aitkenhead, Decca (17 October 2010). "Derren Brown: 'I'm being honest about my dishonesty' ". The Guardian. London . Retrieved 29 November 2013. As Derren states the ending is the most important part of any performance and book. You can forgive if the dessert is scrumptious. I wanted the big reveal or the giant explosion at the end of the book, but happiness is not so simple.

The science fiction master Arthur C. Clarke gave us the law ‘Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic” Davies, Megan (23 August 2018). "Derren Brown will try to convince a man to sacrifice his life for a stranger in new Netflix special". Digital Spy . Retrieved 5 September 2018.a b David Jenkins (9 June 2009). "Derren Brown interview". The Daily Telegraph. London. Archived from the original on 12 January 2022 . Retrieved 4 September 2009. First stage show in the United States of America. Performed in New York City at the Atlantic Theater Company [77] I really loved listening to the audiobook, which was narrated by the author. I read Happy by Derren Brown and this shorter book is like a “refresh” on the main themes presented in the former. I hope to re-read this in the future so I may take many aspects of this book and apply it to myself/my own life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment