276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Date with Evil: A delightfully witty and charming mystery set in the Yorkshire Dales perfect for fans of Agatha Raisin and The Thursday Murder Club (The Dales Detective Series Book 8)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

No bad language, sex scenes or violence that is graphic, just implied so books are suitable for all. and murder, has become a go to for me for reading slump rescue recommendations, reading clubs, and just getting out of the doldrums in general, and this was to be a culmination of so many different story threads, and Julia Chapman did it! In the eighth novel in the Dales Detective series, Date with Evil , Samson and Delilah are about to discover that all of their new cases may be connected to a network of evil that seems to be surrounding Bruncliffe. It doesn’t help that both his detective agency and Delilah’s business are lettered the same, ‘DDA’ and in the same building! We left the town at the end of the last instalment with Samson’s name cleared and (nearly) everyone safe after the entire town was involved in a showdown with corrupt coppers, eastern European mafia and money launderers.

S’il est plaisant de retrouver tous les personnages, même l’intrigue a un goût de déjà-vu avec le précédent roman malgré les ajouts. It's cleverly written, with various POVs and the different strands of the story being slowly but steadily woven together.From stolen washing to inheritance investigations, Bruncliffe's Dales Detective Agency is being inundated with cases. Still, I feel that this is a series that I would advise is best to read from the beginning, which is something that I hope to do in the upcoming months.

There were a few minor disappointments: fiction in general seems to miss out on proofreading and the text has several typos.However, as I kept reading I did get more into the swing of the current story and found it a compelling read.

I know it's counter-cultural and a very small point, but would a gang of pensioners really be so modern about two people going to bed together?Having said all that, it was a gripping tale and I didn't want to stop till the denouement, which sadly fell slightly flat as the master criminal just seemed to fade out. Heureusement qu'il y a une suite sinon j'aurais eu un goût de trop peu tellement j'aime cette saga, et la fin m'aurait paru expéditive en ce qui concerne les relations entre les personnages.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment