276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Horstmann H37XL Channelplus Electronic Central Heating Programmer Series 2 - 3 channel, 7 day

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

PLEASE NOTE - Using this procedure will restore the ChannelPlus to the original factory programme settings, the time setting will also default to 1st January 2005. Insert a wire link between the terminals where the two switching wires have just been removed from, so that they are now electrically joined together. Look at the wiring diagram for your make/mode of room thermostat that you are removing. If you don't have the instructions for it, a diagram is usually printed inside the lid. This will show which are the two switching wires, and which is the neutral wire. (If there is a neutral present. Not all thermostats need or have one fitted) unfortunately you can't rely on the wire colours. I have only ever once come across a system with a 'central heating off' connection that contained a very uncommon type of motorised valve (MoMo, or Motor on, Motor off) that requires this connection to close it.

Once the mains power has been switched on the ChannelPlus H37XL Series 2's display will illuminate. The programmer has a number of pre-programmed functions to assist the installation, which are detailed below; Ideal for the control of two heating zones as well as hot water via separate thermostats and zone valves (e.g. zones 1, 2 and 3 or hot water, heating 1 and 2). ChannelPlus H37XL Series 2 Controlling 3 x two port spring return zone valves via RoomStat and CylinderStat giving independent control of Hot water and two zones of Heating. I would be tempted to try and trace it to see what it's connected to, for my own curiosity as much as anything, or disconnect it and see if anything stops working. Are you saying that with the heating off the the heat satisfied also has a voltage, in the way terminal 3 has on the Horstmann.

For reasons of space and clarity the diagrams has been simplified, for instance some Earth connections have been omitted. Other control components shown in the diagrams i.e. Valves, RoomStats etc. are general representations only. However the wiring detail can be applied to the corresponding models of most manufacturers e.g. Horstmann, Honeywell, Danfoss Randall etc. In reality, the blue wire may not be actually doing anything, but only the original installer would know. However as I said earlier, you are simply exchanging one electrical switch for another and the corresponding terminal at the Heatlink would be (1) Heating Satisfied.

You will have to link the terminals L, and the two 'commons' 2 & 5 together at the Heatlink. [This link is made internally in the Horstmann] ChannelPlus series 2 programmers are suitable for mounting on a flat surface only, they must not be positioned on a surface mounted wall box or on unearthed metal surfaces. ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONSMore manuals of Thermostats Frequently Asked Questions about Horstmann ChannelPlus H37XL Thermostat The reason I say this is because I connected the blue wire to this as your original instruction and the Nest never worked. I wondered if this only went live when the desired temperature was reached and it received a signal from the thermostat? Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the valve having never seen your particular type. But electrically speaking, the Channelplus and the Hive are just switches and are identical in their operation, so if your heating works with one, then there is no reason why it wouldn't work with the other. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the above, because the switching elements of the Channelplus 37xl and the Heatlink work in exactly the same manner.

This will also be the case with the "similar Horstmann programmer" in your last post. The reason common terminals are provided outside of the unit, rather than connected to 230v inside, is so that they can be used to switch other voltages (some boilers use 24v) if required] Finally on the programmer what would be the point in providing term 3 to be live when the heating was off. All ChannelPlus XL controls are fitted with battery reserve which maintains programmed times in the event of a mains power failure. REAR VIEW OF CHANNELPLUS XL PROGRAMMER Then, once the common at the Heatlink is connected, both devices will function identically to each other. Of course the Nest will not only switch off when the time goes off, but also switch off when the correct temperature is reached, but the wiring doesn't know that, as far as it is concerned it's just going off.