276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Way of the Turtle: The Secret Methods that Turned Ordinary People into Legendary Traders

£13.495£26.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Plan your exit as you plan your entry. Know when you will take profits and when you will cut losses. In terms of trader and market psychology, the early chapters of the book are an outstanding exposition on the different biases and mental states that we all go through as market participants in one fashion or another. It was this material, so plainly laid out, which got me very excited to be reading the book. It really is a fantastic look at the things we have in our heads which can create so much havoc in our trading, and Faith frequently cites examples of these things through the remainder of the book in talking about his and other Turtles' successes and failures trading their system. This was the 2nd time I have read the book now, I first read in 2009 and marked it as 're-read in a few years'. I just completed the 2nd re-read and realise how much information Id forgotten.

Way of the Turtle” by - cdn.bookey.app Summary of “Way of the Turtle” by - cdn.bookey.app

Cellar • Chapel • Moat Harbinger • Merchant • Vassal • Village • Workshop Bureaucrat • Gardens • Militia • Moneylender • Poacher • Remodel • Smithy • Throne Room Bandit • Council Room • Festival • Laboratory • Library • Market • Mine • Sentry • Witch Artisan Butterfly • Camel • Chameleon • Frog • Goat • Horse • Mole • Monkey • Mouse • Mule • Otter • Owl • Ox • Pig • Rat • Seal • Sheep • Squirrel • Turtle • Worm Pseudo-experts, however, don't understand, and so they tend to look at what the experts are doing and copy it. They know what to do but not why it should be done. Therefore, they listen to the true experts and create rigid rules where none were intended. I like to collect quotes from books I read, and here you have some good quotes from the book The Way Of The Turtle: The 'don't optimize' counsel is an effect of what my friends and I like to call the myth of the expert. Unfortunately, in most fields the number of people who really understand what's going on is very limited. For every true expert, there are scores of pseudo-experts who are able to perform in the field, have assembled loads of knowledge, and in the eyes of those who are not experts are indistinguishable from the true experts. These pseudo-experts can function but do not really understand the area in which they claim expertise.True experts do not have rigid rules; they understand what's going on, and so they do not need rigid rules. Good traders don't try to predict what the market will do; instead they look at the indications of what the market is doing. SMOOTH AND EASY-TO-USE controls that work just as well on mobile devices as on other platforms. Simple touch gestures instead of cluttering on screen buttons for an immersive and seamless way to control your character. If you use a card like Throne Room to play a card twice, and choose Way of the Turtle both times, you still only get one play at the start of your next turn, as you were not able to set it aside the second time. One sure sign of a pseudo-expert is writing that is unclear and difficult to follow. Unclear writing comes from unclear thinking. A true expert will be able to explain complicated ideas in ways that are clear and easy to understand.

9780071486644 - Way of the Turtle: the Secret Methods That

Delay • Desperation Gamble • Pursue • Ride • Toil Enhance • March • Transport Banish • Bargain • Invest • Seize the Day Commerce • Demand • Stampede Reap Enclave Alliance • Populate Removed cards: Duchess Oracle Noble Brigand • Nomad Camp • Silk Road Cache • Embassy • Ill-Gotten Gains • MandarinWay of the Turtle reveals, for the first time, the reasons for the success of the secretive trading system used by the group known as the “Turtles.” Top-earning Hamlet Fortune Teller • Menagerie Farming Village • Horse Traders • Remake • Tournament ( Prizes: Bag of Gold • Diadem • Followers • Princess • Trusty Steed ) • Young Witch Harvest • Horn of Plenty • Hunting Party • Jester Fairgrounds

Way of the Turtle: The Secret Methods that Turned Ordinary

Put short, I recommend The Way Of The Turtle because of one thing: Curtis Faith describes in an easy way the importance of keeping things simple. Trading is actually not that difficult. The difficulty is in following your strategy/methodology. Simple trading systems can give you a tradeable edge, but it’s psychologically difficult for traders to follow even simple rules. The Turtle Experiment Forgotten the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuth

This book reads like a memoir, thus, a more appropriate title should be The Autobiography of a Trained Trader. The first few chapters I find it particularly useful for beginners. The author explained the stages of the getting into the market just like when he first started without knowing anything. Events: Triumph Annex • Donate Advance Delve • Tax Banquet Ritual • Salt the Earth Wedding Windfall Conquest Dominate Hexes: Bad Omens • Delusion ( Deluded ) • Envy ( Envious ) • Famine • Fear • Greed • Haunting • Locusts • Misery ( Miserable / Twice Miserable ) • Plague • Poverty • War My favourite maximum damage build so far. Your enemies will fall down in seconds. You can beat up the game in little more than 100 days. When you play the card at the start of your next turn, you can again use Way of the Turtle, delaying it another turn. You can keep doing this.

Way of the Turtle - UK Financial Trading Community Way of the Turtle - UK Financial Trading Community

How to look beyond the rules as the Turtles implemented them to find core strategies that work for any tradable market This is the major reason why beginning traders are drawn to discretionary trading. Discretionary trading feeds the ego; it is trading that relies on one's judgment, in contrast with systematic trading, where trading decisions are made by using rules that specify exactly when and how much to buy and sell. So when you use your judgment to trade and you win, the ego wins. You can then brag to your friends how you are the master of the markets. Removed cards: Loan • Trade Route Talisman Contraband • Counting House • Mountebank • Royal Seal • Venture GoonsToo much risk: Many otherwise excellent traders have been ruined because they incurred too much risk. I'm not talking about 50 percent or 100 percent more risk than is prudent. I have seen traders who trade at a level that is 5 or 10 times more than I consider prudent even for aggressive trading. Belief in the law of small numbers: The tendency to draw unjustified conclusions from too little information Another common characteristic of pseudo-experts is that they know how to apply complex processes and techniques and have been well trained but do not understand the limits of those techniques.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment