276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Life Next Door

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. When Jase, the third eldest Garrett child, introduces himself to Samantha, her dream of becoming part of their life comes true. Her voice wasn't very strong in my head while I was reading and that made me lack invested emotions in the book. It was initially published in 2012 and has since been republished in paperback, hardcover, and eBook versions. Before that, it was just Samantha's daily life and her growing relationship with Jase and his family.

She credits a young couple who were laughing, teasing each other, and taking photographs together as a main inspiration for Samantha and Jase. I liked all of these things, but somewhere after the half-way point of this book, everything began to go downhill. As a family with eight children, Grace distanced herself and her daughters from them due to her belief that they are chaotic and irresponsible people. Avid baseball fans (or not-baseball-fans like me) will know that after three strikes, you are out and boy, was this book out – out of my shelf, out of my life, out. My Life Next Door is one of those super adorable contemporary novels you'd read if you want to pass the time.The only downside is that I felt like the ending left a bit to be desired – I still have a few questions that never got answered about Nan and Tim and Alice and the Garrett family as a whole. Samantha is faced with doing the right thing when she realizes that her mother has affected the Garrett family in which she has become a pseudo-member.

You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Thus, Sam cannot help but gaze wistfully at her neighbors, the Garretts, who have eight children, seem to be broke, and yet have all the happiness in the world.The ‘Stony Bay’ series is continued with a companion novel titled The Boy Most Likely To, which was published in 2015 and features characters from My Life Next Door. Recruited as Mr Silver's apprentice, Daniel learns the secrets of the Emporium's vast labyrinth of passageways and rooms -- rooms that contain wonders beyond anything Daniel has ever imagined. I love paranormal books way more than my realistic ones; worlds that don't really exist enthrall me way more than real ones do. The relationship of Sam and Jase can be seen as an example of the classic first love scenario, however, this novel also deals with other romantic relationships that vary in maturity and significance. I thought this book would be very cliché: little rich girl falls for the boy next door; gets a whole new perspective on life through the eyes of a financially-strained, but very happy — unlike her own — family; and learns something big about herself over the course of one short summer.

Mom works all the time, Sam is usually alone so one day Jace pulls an Edward Cullen, climbs up to Samantha's balcony and BOOM, Cupid! The boy introduces himself as Jase Garrett, the third oldest child, and from this point, they begin growing closer as friends.Yet, what winds up happening in this situation is that Nan refuses to speak to Sam and even after Sam finally gets the backbone and guts to force Nan to speak to her, they have a short conversation and end their friendship of twelve years just like that. Also I loved how he was there for his siblings, for his parents, and I loved how he kept fighting for his dreams (figuratively speaking) even though there were such slim chances for them to come true. Also, I decided to up my rating to a full 4 stars after writing this review, because it did clear more things for me!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment