276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Different Stage: The remarkable and intimate life story of Gary Barlow told through music

£15£30.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At 14, I became the resident keyboard player at Halton Royal British Legion. Saturday nights, buffet, bingo cards: a big deal.

Rebekah Vardy shares first snap of her plastic air boot following 'horror accident'... after Coleen Rooney wore similar brace at Wagatha Christie trial Jada Pinkett Smith admits Will's Oscars slap was the moment she decided to stay with him... and reveals 'non-traditional' relationship is their way forward Love Won't Wait lands on Clive's desk and he sends it to me. He's found the song, and Jesus, it's written by Madonna!This would never have been a book I’d choose to read, so, when I received it as part of a subscription, I was apprehensive. I felt like I should read it, get it out of the way and pass it on. I went in with zero expectations, just with an urge to get it over and done with. I am blown away with how much I enjoyed Gary’s story. Do I keep on making albums? I could easily do that, but it's not challenging and I needed a challenge. An intimate one-man show required a different skill. Banged Up review: This prison 'experiment' is just a shabby excuse to torment celebs, writes CHRISTOPHER STEVENS Matthew Perry's former fiancée Molly Hurwitz says Friends star 'would love that the world is talking about how talented he was' following his death at 54 The Crown will portray Princess Diana as pregnant and will show Mohamed Al-Fayed claiming she and Dodi were killed as part of an 'establishment plot', in a move likely to cause fury in royal family, source claims

Weed, fags, coffee, booze and beige food helped take the pain away. I took eight sugars and that weird powdered cream in my instant coffee.Ariana Grande and Elizabeth Gillies dress as Nomi Malone and Cristal Conners from Showgirls... 10 years after starring on Victorious We've done a hard thing by resting the band. By the time we next tour it will have been at least four years, but it was time for a break and then Covid happened. The snaps that confirmed Milo Ventimiglia's marriage! This Is Us actor and his girlfriend Jarah Mariano were seen wearing wedding bands after 'secretly tying the knot'

One break I was practising on a keyboard and my friend said, 'Gary, we need you to come and play football, you'll never get any girls playing that thing.' I didn't go. I loved that Gary himself read his own book it added to it and makes the reader feel like he’s talking to you. David Schwimmer is spotted walking somberly to his NYC apartment after paying tribute to Friends co-star Matthew Perry Channing Tatum and Zoe Kravitz are 'engaged'... after Batman actress is spotted with massive diamond on her ring finger at Halloween party Coleen Nolan shares an update on her family as she makes a heartbreaking admission: 'I've been feeling so redundant'

Select a format:

Sections on the death of his father, his depression and overeating, and the loss of his daughter are interesting, but are then followed with tedious accounts of the various diets he has tried and his opinions on the various trainers he has had over the past few years. Matthew Perry's Friends co-star David Schwimmer looks somber out in New York after troubled actor's death at 54 Maya Jama slips into a skintight jumpsuit as X-Men's Storm as she joins Paloma Faith and vampy Jourdan Dunn at the Love Island host's Halloween bash Dominic Cummings branded Cabinet 'useless f***pigs' as he raged at 'exhausting' Boris Johnson over Covid response in messages - with the ex-No10 chief aide's language condemned as 'revolting' by lawyer as he appears before official inquiry

Course it's not all about food, there's heartache and triumph, doubts and fears and tragedy. I laughed so hard at this book and at other parts I'd be absolutely sobbing, like the kind of sobbing where I was glad I wasn't out in public when reading most of it.

Retailers:

I've grown up listening to Take That songs, most notably 'Shine' which was featured in an old TV advert for UK supermarket Morrisons. Gary's memoir is both raw and brutal. Opening up about mental health struggles is never easy. I admired how honest he was, as fame can have both upsides and downsides. I will be looking at the band's music in a new light after reading A Better Me. If they won't go to the corner shop for milk then you're living in the wrong neighbourhood, or with the wrong pop star. From returning with a critically and commercially successful Take That and reigniting his own legendary songwriting career, going beyond recorded music to forge success on TV with The X Factor and Let It Shine, to overcoming his weight problems and crippling obsession with food, this is the story of how Gary found balance in both his personal and professional life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment