Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

When Should We Plan The Upgrade To Magento 2?

A forum for Magento users to discuss tips, issues etc with regards to actually using the Magento front and back end systems.

When Should We Plan The Upgrade To Magento 2?

Postby Magento Nguyen » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:43 am

There’s in excess of 240,000 shops on Magento out there or at least that’s the official figure, Magento 1.x that is. So, how should all these businesses approach this change?The questions we’ve been getting lately can be summed up in : When should we plan the upgrade to Magento 2? and How smooth or painful process can we expect? So, let’s try to answer these basic questions

If you’re currently using one of the older versions of Magento, fear not! There are several options of upgrading to Magento 2 – you are more than welcome to tailor your own path. Good thing here is that if you decide to stick with the current version of Magento, you won’t be left alone. Magento will continue to support Magento 1 products for three years, so, until 2018. What will change is the fact that they will stop adding new features to Magento 1. There will be no new major development and, effectively, Magento 1 will go into maintenance. Read more : http://bit.ly/1PVs2Zl
Join in MageSolution membership club to get Free Magento Visual Composer & Extensions &Theme!
Magento Nguyen

Re: When Should We Plan The Upgrade To Magento 2?

Postby brucekenway » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:52 am

Magento 2 are developing quite fluently, and we should plan to upgrade now, cause more and more extensions are now available to upgrade to Magento 2
brucekenway

Postby ExtensionsMall » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:59 am

I'm sticking with Magento 1 for now, until Magento 2 is fully tried and tested, but I most certainly consider migrating to 2 this year. Or next year. There are plenty of developers still making modules and extensions for Magento 1.
Ultimate Security for Magento websites: MageFence Security Module
ExtensionsMall

Postby Martin Wann » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:33 pm

You should definitely start thinking about Magento 2 upgrade if you desire more advanced features for your store. Of course, I would highly recommend you to have no fears to do it!

Nowadays, there are many automated tools that won't cause any tech confusions. For me a handy service was Cart2Cart that securely moved my Magento 1 data to 2. I liked the principle how the service works. First, it gave me the try of a free demo to check the performance. All my entities were preserved, so, I decided on full switch and never regret about it. You may find some info about how it works here- Magento 2 upgrade.

What`s more, the service offers 24/7 support that is reachable via call, live chat or ticket.

Hope, it`ll be useful!
Martin Wann

Postby fay_khattak » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:23 pm

The best minds in the ecommerce development industry are focused on making Magento 2 a successful ecommerce platform. In this context, the most important question is how to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2.

Given all this, it is essential that store owners should start planning the migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2 as soon as possible. Although I know the entire migration process is not an easy task since it is not fully automated yet. You will have to do plenty of manual work to answer the question: how to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2.

For smooth and trouble-free migration, I would recommend store owners hire a Magento professional for the job. In case, you face a difficulty in understanding the migration process; you can read the below blog post because I have explained a detailed overview of the migration process in it.

Migrate From Magento 1 to Magento 2
Regards,
Muhammad Fayyaz Uddin Khattak,
Magento Community Manager,
Cloudways.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fay_khattak
fay_khattak

Return to Magento Users